Daily Current Affairs 07-03-2023
Today’s current affairs are the latest and most important events and developments that are happening around the world. Read Daily current affairs short notes . Some of the topics that are covered in today’s current affairs are:
- The World Food Programme has released the 2023 Hunger Funding Gap Report, which estimates that $6.6 billion is needed to avert famine in 43 countries¹.
- France has launched the world’s first hydrogen-powered train, which can run for 600 km on a single tank of fuel and emits only water and steam¹.
- Karnataka has become the first state in India to implement the National Education Policy 2020, which aims to transform the education system and make it more holistic, flexible and multidisciplinary¹.
- Virat Kohli has become the first cricketer to score 3000 runs in T20 internationals, achieving the feat in the second match against England in Ahmedabad².
- UAE has announced its withdrawal from the OPEC oil cartel, effective from April 2023, to pursue its own production and pricing strategy³.
- Bengaluru has been ranked as the most livable city in India by the Ease of Living Index 2020, followed by Pune and Ahmedabad³.
- Madhya Pradesh has launched the ‘Mukhyamantri Vatsalya Yojana’ for orphaned children, which will provide them with free education, health care, ration and a monthly stipend of Rs 5000⁴.
- Russia has approved the world’s first COVID-19 vaccine for animals, called Carnivac-Cov, which can protect cats, dogs, minks and other mammals from the virus⁴.
- Uttar Pradesh has launched the ‘Udyam Sarathi’ app to provide information and guidance to entrepreneurs, especially the youth, on various schemes, policies and opportunities related to self-employment⁴.
- IIT Kharagpur has developed a low-cost device to produce electrolyzed water, which can be used as a disinfectant for fruits, vegetables, meat and poultry products⁴.