Mcqs on letter writing with answers. Letter writing is the process of composing a message or correspondence on paper or electronically with the intention of communicating with someone. It is a traditional and formal way of conveying thoughts, feelings, or information to another person or organization. Letters can serve various purposes, such as personal communication, business communication, or formal communication with institutions.join Telegram channel
In letter writing, there are a few key elements to consider:
- Heading: This includes the sender’s address and the date. It is usually placed at the top-right corner of the page.
- Salutation: The greeting used to address the recipient. For example, “Dear Mr. Smith,” or “To Whom It May Concern.”
- Body: The main content of the letter. This is where you express your thoughts, convey information, or make a request. It is important to be clear, concise, and organized in your writing.
- Closing: A polite and respectful way to conclude the letter. Common closings include “Sincerely,” “Best regards,” or “Yours faithfully.”
- Signature: The sender’s signature or name, typically placed below the closing. If you are sending a physical letter, you can sign it by hand. In electronic letters, you can include a typed signature.
Mcqs on letter writing with answers
1. What is the purpose of a salutation in a letter?
a) To introduce yourself
b) To address the recipient
c) To provide contact information
2. Which part of the letter contains the main content?
3. What is the purpose of the closing in a letter?
a) To express gratitude
b) To provide additional information
c) To conclude the letter politely
4. Where is the sender’s address typically placed in a letter?
a) Top-left corner
b) Bottom-right corner
c) Top-right corner
5. Which part of the letter includes the date?
6. What should you do before sending a letter?
a) Proofread for errors
b) Include multiple salutations
c) Skip the closing
7. What is the purpose of a letterhead?
a) To seal the envelope
b) To add a decorative touch
c) To display the sender’s contact information
8. Which of the following is an appropriate salutation for a formal business letter?
a) Hey John
b) Dear Mr. Johnson
c) Hi there,
9. What is the purpose of using paragraphs in a letter?
a) To separate different ideas
b) To save space
c) To confuse the reader
10. In a business letter, when should you use a formal tone?
a) When writing to a friend
b) When requesting a favour
c) When expressing gratitude
Prepare for success in competitive exams by accessing a curated selection of exam-specific books available for purchase online through our dedicated link, empowering you to study smarter and achieve your goals
11. What is the purpose of a postscript (P.S.) in a letter?
a) To include additional information
b) To sign the letter
c) To address the recipient
12. Which part of the letter comes after the body?
13. When writing a formal letter, what should you avoid using?
a) Proper grammar
b) Abbreviations and slang
c) Clear and concise language
14. What should you do if you don’t know the recipient’s name in a business letter?
a) Address them as “To whom it may concern”
b) Skip the salutation
c) Use a generic name like “Dear Sir/Madam”
15. Which of the following is an appropriate closing for a formal letter?
c) Take care,
16. When should you use a handwritten signature in a letter?
a) Only in physical letters
b) Only in electronic letters
c) In both physical and electronic letters
17. What should you include in the heading of a letter?
a) The recipient’s address
b) The sender’s address and the date
c) The subject of the letter
18. In a personal letter, what kind of tone is typically used?
a) Formal and professional
b) Casual and friendly
c) Informative and precise
19. What is the purpose of indenting paragraphs in a letter?
a) To make it look visually appealing
b) To save space on the page
c) To differentiate the start of a new paragraph
20. Which part of the letter may contain the recipient’s address?
How do I write a formal letter to?
To write a formal letter, start with a professional salutation, such as “Dear Mr./Ms./Dr. [Last Name].” Clearly state the purpose of the letter in the opening paragraph. Use a formal tone and maintain a clear and concise writing style. Include relevant details, provide supporting information, and conclude the letter politely. End with a formal closing, such as “Sincerely” or “Yours faithfully,” followed by your full name and contact information.
What is this letter writing?
Letter writing is the act of composing a written message to communicate with someone in a formal or professional manner. It is a traditional form of communication that follows specific conventions and formats. Letters are often used for business correspondence, job applications, formal requests, or expressing gratitude. Writing a letter allows you to convey your thoughts, intentions, or concerns in a more personal and tangible way than other forms of communication.
How do you write a letter format?
When writing a letter, use a standard format that includes the sender’s address, date, recipient’s address, salutation, body paragraphs, and closing. Align the text to the left, use a professional font and font size, and maintain consistent spacing. Use formal language and avoid contractions or slang. Organize the letter into paragraphs, each covering a specific point. Proofread the letter for grammar, punctuation, and spelling errors before sending or printing it.
How to write a good letter in English?
To write a good letter in English, start by clearly defining the purpose and the intended audience of the letter. Use proper grammar, vocabulary, and sentence structure. Be specific and provide relevant details to support your points. Maintain a polite and respectful tone throughout the letter. Keep it concise and focused, avoiding unnecessary or irrelevant information. Proofread the letter for clarity, coherence, and correctness. Finally, remember to follow the appropriate letter format and address any necessary formalities.